Monday, February 13, 2012

Chapter 3

Day 12

The day began with me running for the bathroom, the next little one is on the way! Today was the twins birthday. Gabriella still needed to be taught to walk and Dominic needed to be taught how to talk. I feel so frustrated and disappointed with myself. I ignored my children all day yesterday in order to woo Parker. How am I ever going to balance this all? My mission is to have 100 babies and that involves wooing fathers. But I also need to raise these babies with all the best advantages I can provide and surround them with love. I should not neglect them!


After I taught Gabriella to walk, I began to teach Dominic to talk. As soon as I sat down with him, the doorbell rang. It was Conner! Do I ignore the doorbell and the potential next baby daddy? Or do I take a quick break and let him in? I chose the latter. I invited Conner inside and briefly chatted with him, before I resumed working with Domininc.



While I am teaching Dominic to talk, Conner sits to watch Gabriella play with her pegbox. I can't decide if this is sweet or creepy.


I cannot stop time. The evening raced by and the twins had a birthday whether I was prepared or not. First Gabriella aged up and then Dominic. He hadn't learned to talk yet. We were close, but not quite there. I feel like a failure! I recall a great quote by a great lady: "If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much." ~ Jackie Kennedy. I cannot allow this to happen again! My children come first!


Gabriella now has the additional trait: Hot-headed. Oh, joy! Dominic was given the additional trait: Lucky. While the twins prepared for their bedtime it suddenly occurred to me that my children haven't any beds. Ugh, how could I not think about that? They are too big to stuff into baby swings now! I didn't even have enough Simoleons for a sleeping bag. While they were working on their evening ablutions I raced outside to work on a small painting. Outside I found Conner dancing by himself; he continued to dance alone while I painted frantically.


I sent Gabriella and Dominic to sleep in my bed. Gabby settled down to sleep quickly, but Dom refused to get in bed with his sister. He was tired and cranky. I couldn't let him stay up too late because tomorrow is his first day of school. What is a mother to do? I reluctantly made the decision to sell the dining room chair (that I had just purchased yesterday!) and bought a sleeping bag. I gave up painting for the evening and sent Conner home. As I settled into bed beside Gabby (with my son sleeping on the floor of my bedroom), I was reminded that I am so very poor and can't even provide my children with the basic necessities.


Day 13

 You know that you are poor when one of your children begins her day by eating breakfast while sitting on a clogged toilet!


Even though I cannot provide much for my children, they are good and helpful to their mom that is trying her best despite her shortcomings.


Gabrielle's first day of school

Dominic's first day of school

I sent my children off to school in their garage sale clothing. Little Dominic (Bless his heart!) was wearing an elf outfit with cowboy boots. I worried that the other children might make fun of him, but I did not fret too much as Sunset Valley residents seem to be lacking fashion sense altogether for the most part. After they left for school, I headed for the library. Upon arriving I met Boyd Wainwright. I chatted briefly with him as his wife (the woman in the ugliest of outfits - maybe I shouldn't worry about my children's clothing too much!) stuck close. Maybe she has heard of my reputation? 


I signed up Gabriella for ballet and Dominic for scouts. While I am at the computer I decided to begin writing my first book. I elected to write a nonfiction book titled Single Parenting. After working briefly on the book, I quit and headed for home. On the way out the door I met another potential baby daddy, Leighton Sekemoto.


At home I completed the small painting I started yesterday and sold it for $67. I cooked hot dogs in the microwave for dinner, raising my Cooking Level to a 2. The sink broke while washing dishes and I had to repair it; my Handiness level is now a 2 as well.


Day 14

My wonderful children cleaned up the house after breakfast. Afterward they  to spend they day playing at Central Park.


















I slept in late and started painting after breakfast. While I was painting, I went into labor!!! This labor was about as long as the last time. I labored in the nursery alone until I give birth to my third child. I named her Melody. Her traits are: Loves the Outdoors and Insane. Well, isn't that special! 





When the twins came home from the park, I introduced them to their baby sister. It has been a long, exhausting day for me. When I lay down next to Gabriella, I quickly fell fast asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment