Saturday, October 20, 2012

Chapter 44

Day 194

I decided my latest hairstyle wasn't the look I wanted and grew my hair out a bit. I really love having rocking chairs now. I love rocking my babies.


I invited Declan over for the triplets' birthdays. 


Siobhan has Declan's hair color, my eye color and hot pink dragonfly wings.



Teagan has blonde hair. Where did that come from? She has my eye color and her father's light blue Monarch wings.



Keira has brown hair. This is very odd having two children without the hair color of either parent. I wonder if this is how fairy genetics work? She does have my eye color and wings like her father.




Being on my own with triplets would be a challenge. I had depended on having older children to help for so long. I didn't waste anytime to begin toddler training.




Sibling rivalry has already started.



Since Declan wasn't exactly helping out, I asked him to leave. I tended the girls' needs, rocked them and tucked them in for the night.









Day 195

I began my day potty training on an empty stomach. Ugh!






A package arrived in the mail. A relative of Declan's sent each of the girls a special doll. The girls became obsessed with them immediately.









There was a full full that night. The lighting from it was eerie. I could hear howling in the distance and it sent shivers down my spine. It turns out that even the littlest fairies are energized by moonlight.






All three girls were now potty trained and Siobhan could walk. Maybe I could do this without any help after all.





Day 196

I had birthday cake for breakfast and went into toddler training mode immediately afterward.




Soda will leach the calcium from your bones!







The girls were more than enamored with their special dolls. Every moment I was not interacting with them, they played with the dolls. They did not play with other toys and more disturbingly they didn't interact with each other. After dinner, I went and did a little research on these dolls.



What I learned was extremely disturbing to me. These were magical dolls. They would bond with the children and age up with them. These dolls could be bought to life and have intimate relationships with their "owners". As far as I was concerned, this was barely a step-up from a blow-up doll. I want my children to have a bigger range of interests and emotional attachments with other people. I want them to date and marry from the human gene pool. Or fairy. Or werewolf. Or Witch. Or Alien. Okay, maybe I was drawing the line at an odd place. But nonetheless, sometimes you have to pick a place to draw a line. This creeped me out and the girls needed to do other things besides obsess over these odd dolls.




While the girls were distracted with their evening bottles, I disposed of the dolls.


Instead of wailing and tears, the girls appeared to be released from some spell. They immediately had an interest in the world around them and began to explore and play.




Day 197

By now I was going stir crazy from being at home so long. But what could I do? I didn't have any assistance and I had so much toddler training left before their birthdays tomorrow.









Day 198

Another day of feeling stir crazy and intense toddler training.




Is disco really dead, Momma?





I managed to teach all three girls all of their toddlers skills on my own. Instead of tackling three birthday cakes, I decided we would celebrate the triplet's birthday quietly in the nursery. And I would make a special new recipe for their dinner. Now that I had achieved the Star Chef Challenge, I felt ready to tackle more exotic recipes.

Siobhan aged to a child with the new trait Technophobe. This is a new experience for me.


Teagan aged up with the trait Family-oriented. Awesome! She will be a great help with younger siblings.


Keira aged up with the trait Angler.




I must have misread the recipe because the Chile Con Carne was entirely too spicy!





I don't like to waste food, but the leftovers went straight down the garbage disposal.




No comments:

Post a Comment