Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chapter 12

I panicked with the knowledge that someone was watching me. Like cornered prey, I wanted to make a dash for freedom. I scarcely slept as I planned and fretted. After a brief nap, I dismantled my Super Sleeper. I felt almost barricaded in my office, knowing that almost every move I made could be seen from the beach. As I started shredding and packing my office, I went through my stack of magazine's tossing them in the trash. One of the magazine's fell open. Facing me were beautiful photos of a countryside village. I stopped my frenzy for a moment and picked up the magazine to take a closer look. 

The article was regarding a kitchen makeover, but it included information about the makeover recipient's village. The village was beautiful and serene and the article's author described it as the perfect place to raise a family. My racing heart slowed down; now I had a destination and goal. I would move to Riverview. I wanted to call my five oldest children and insist they move with me, but the truth is they have their own lives here. Instead I composed a careful worded e-mail to each of them explaining in the briefest of details that I needed to leave town with their younger siblings. I gave them instructions that if anyone was following them, they should go into hiding and contact me via the classifieds in the New York Times.

Just before the sun started rising I contacted the Landgraab Realty company. They had offered to buy my premium beachfront property many times previously and they jumped at the chance to buy my still unfinished house and most of it's furnishings. As the sun started rising and flooding my home with light, I knew that no one could readily see in my house without coming much closer. I quickly dashed about and packed up the few personal items I would take with me. Then I woke up the children explaining that we were taking a trip. Before Sunset Valley had a chance to properly wake up we had left the town behind. We stopped in a large city nearby and paid cash for my first car. It was crappy little car but I hardly had the money to splurge. Many hours later in a little white car and towing a small trailer, we drove into our new village to start our new life.

Day 57

The first thing I did in Riverview was to contact a realtor. I found an affordable English Tudor style home in the suburbs close to the school. It was partially furnished so we were able to move in immediately. There are no back or side neighbors to host a stalker. And with the backyard is fenced in, maybe our future birthday celebrations will be family only!


My children were hardly thrilled about leaving their friends and starting over. But they were less unhappy about the situation when they looked over the realtor's Welcome to Riverview booklet. Within minutes of being settled in they were begging to ride their bikes to the Riverview Swim Center. Mathias (hates the outdoors) stayed home to play video games and I upgraded our fireplace while the others went to play in the sun and water.


Our first evening in our new home was spent with the children playing games and me cooking a family meal in my new spacious kitchen. We were off to a lovely start here.




Day 58

Today was my children's first day to attend the Truelong Community School in Riverview.



I enjoyed my private backyard and painted in my nightgown all day. I completed my 19th and 20th paintings and sold them for $938 (brilliant quality) and $748. The school counselor called and told me that Kieran (a Loner) was very tense at his new school.


After Kieran's rough day, he came straight home after school and went upstairs to the nursery to play alone with the dollhouse. Meanwhile Maisie went home with a new friend named Betty to visit with her and do their homework together. 


Day 59

Labor pains awakened me at 1AM.


After a couple of hours of labor I gave birth to a baby boy that I named Alexander. He was born with the traits Artistic and Loves the Outdoors.


Exhausted from my labor, I slept in late while my older children went to school. Upon awakening I decided to give myself a makeover. I decided to aim for a classy style of sexy. With my slate wiped clean from my move, I wanted to make a good impression on Riverview residents. I texted my children to meet me after school at the Incredible Family Fun Center. We had a great time playing and eating our dinner.






I met a man named Luke McDermott and told him I was a widow with children. 


I asked Maisie to take baby Alex and the other children home while I began to work on Luke. Luke and I walked next door to the science center. I tried being flirty but he was not receptive at all. I quickly gave up and went home alone.



Day 60

I had a quiet birthday in the nursery for Alexander. He has my hair and eye coloring. I confess I was a little disappointed that he didn't look more like his father Mortimer Goth. I started on his toddler skills immediately. It is so much easier with one toddler instead of twins.


After school Mathias went home with the Lobos twins.


That evening we had birthday celebrations for Mathias and Maisie.


Mathias aged up with the trait: Handy. His Lifetime Wish is: The Tinkerer. Maisie also aged up with the trait Handy. Her Lifetime Wish is Home Designer Hotshot.


Day 61

Today was graduation day for Mathias and Maisie!


Mathias graduated with highest honor and was voted "Most Likely to Offend Others." Maisie graduated with honors and was voted "Most Likely to Save the World."


After the ceremony I met a charismatic man named Don Lothario.


All too soon I was saying good-bye to and gifting my graduates. Mathias and Maisie moved into an apartment building across the river. There are other young people living there. Against my better judgement I did not insist they find a job before leaving home. I hope I don't regret this!




No comments:

Post a Comment