Saturday, April 21, 2012

Chapter 20

Day 99

I decided to move west to a town called Appaloosa Plains. I spotted a beautiful, fully furnished house in the local real estate magazine that I fell in love with. It was a bit beyond of my budget even with the two most recent "inheritances" I obtained. So I sold practically everything I had in my possession to purchase this house. All of my paintings were sold other than the first one I kept and titled "Loneliness." I sold my sweet retro ride and purchased an old beat up farm truck.  The house is on a large parcel of land. There is a pond, barn, two pastures, a dog run and a large garden on this huge lot.

The house is spacious but has fewer bedrooms and bathrooms than our house in Riverview. There isn't a nursery in this house. My babies and toddlers will have to sleep in their swings in the upstairs landing. There are only two full bathrooms. The kids will need to take greater care about staggering their shower times. And it isn't close to town, the commute to school will be longer for them as well. But with all of this space and a play area out back they shouldn't complain.




After we moved in, I settled Shelby and Shayla in their swings upstairs and gardened for the remainder of the day. I had some improved seeds from my Riverview home and I wanted to get them planted immediately. I might take a break from my artistic endeavors and try the farming life for a while.




The triplets fed and tucked themselves into bed as I gardened until it was too dark to see anymore and I was ravenous. My Gardening Level is up to an 8 now. It was a long, hard day getting settled in, but it will be worth it in the long run.









Day 100

I decided to make pancakes for breakfast. My Cooking Level is now a 7. After their breakfast the triplets raced to the road to catch the school bus for their first day of school.



I should have been training toddlers all day, but I impulsively decided to adopt a foal. I gardened while I waited for her delivery. She is a beautiful animal and I named her Keely.


The poor little thing missed her momma. But I gently cared for her and we quickly bonded and soon she didn't miss her momma as much.




Jenna brought a friend home from school. The kids played and fished, enjoying all the space in our new house until it was time for dinner. We had leftover pancakes for our evening meal.







With all the excitement of the day, I completely forgot it was the triplets birthday! I am such a bad mommy! Jenna now has the Green Thumb trait. Kyle now has the Commitment Issues trait. And Alice now has the Party Animal trait. An insane party animal *sigh* these teens years are going to be a challenge!

Day 101

Right after breakfast, I tackled a little gardening before it was toddler training time. 




When the triplets came home from school Kyle was in a pissy mood. Grumpy teens are so much fun - NOT! Kyle fished his bad mood away and I asked the girls to help train the toddlers so I could go into town to run some errands.







Toward the end of the day, Kyle was in a good enough mood to cook hot dogs for our dinner.


I ended my day by spending some time with Keely. She also had a birthday yesterday and wasn't a little foal anymore.


Day 102 

I started my day by hanging laundry on the line. I thought I would miss having a dryer, but I really don't. And as a bonus the clothes smell so fresh from hanging outdoors in the country breeze.



Next I tackled toddler training with Shelby and Shayla. When the triplets came home they helped with the chores and fished. 




I just barely complete Shelby and Shayla's toddlers skills before it is their birthdays. There wasn't anytime for a celebration or cakes. Shelby aged up with the trait: Athletic. Shayla aged up with the trait: Hot-Headed. She is not going to be an easy child. It was well after dark before I could get the clothes off the line.




I am so blasted exhausted at the end of the day, that I made the decision to hold off on baby daddy hunting for a few days.

Day 103

Is it wrong to feel deliriously happy about waking up to an empty house? I was so tired that I slept in and missed seeing the kids off to school. But they left me a present - their breakfast dishes *sigh*


I took care of Keely this morning. She is such a sweet animal.



I sat on the back porch enjoying the beautiful view of my garden while reading a book about riding horses. I read until my Riding Level is a 2. 



With a bit of riding theory under my belt, I decided to give the real thing a try. I managed to get on without falling off and Keely didn't buck me off. I will call that a success.




After a quick dinner and unclogging a toilet, I decided to call it a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment