Saturday, June 9, 2012

Chapter 32

Day 146

Today was Cambria's birthday and a school holiday. We lazed around the house this morning.





My breakfast did not sit well with me at all. I wonder if the Safari Lounge uses cheap tequila?


Why is it that when I am sick I end up at the most disgusting toilet in the house?

I decided to take the girls to the pool for a fun outing and to celebrate Cambria's birthday.






I went to relax in a lounge chair and enjoy the warmth, but I spotted the last person I wanted to see.



I had to walk to the other side of the dome to pick some fruit before I gave into the urge to snatch that woman out of the pool, by her hair.


That freaking stalker shows up everywhere I go. I contemplated taking the girls and celebrating Cambria's birthday at home, but I refused to allow Carol to spoil my daughter's birthday celebration.






Can you believe that bitch had the audacity to help herself to our birthday cake?

As soon as our little celebration was over, I left with the girls before Carol and I could get into another altercation. I stopped by the bookstore to pick up some novels for the girls and vegetarian recipes for me to learn. About the time I completed my purchases, I started feeling under the weather again. I am starting to suspect it isn't the cheap tequila.


I made it home, but I didn't make it into the house. *sigh* What a great example I am for my daughters.


I soaked in a bubble bath, still trying to convince myself that I wasn't pregnant. But before I went to sleep I pulled a test kit out of the linen closet. Guess who's going to be a mommy again? That's right, I am a regular 'ol Fertile Myrtle. For the first time ever, I feel ambivalent about being pregnant.






~ ~ ~



Day 147

 Today was Cambria's first day of high school. I can't believe how fast my girls are growing up.






For the most part, today was simply routine. I gardened and tended to the animals. The girls attended school. Cambria is quite enamored with the piano; she is progressing quickly.









I had barely finished eating when I received a phone call from Drake - I am thinking we are on a first name basis now - asking me if I could come over. I hesitated slightly before I said yes. I am not proud of my behavior the other night. But I needed to put on my big girl panties and face the music. Drake deserved to know that I was expecting his child and that I only wanted to be friends.



The moment I walked into his house, he started getting flirty with me and holding my hands. This is not going in the direction I hoped.


And then he asked me to move in with him. Awkward. 


I didn't even answer yes or no. Instead I just sidestepped the question and went on to tell him of his impending fatherhood. And while I was delivering startling news, I told him I just wanted to be friends. He took things surprisingly well and when I left I felt confident that I had a friend I could rely on.


Day 148

I was actually awake early enough to make a fruit salad for breakfast. I am trying my best experiment with new meatless recipes for Isabella. I completed my painting of Keely and started another painting. I am not in need of money at the moment, but it doesn't hurt to consign a painting or two. After school I learned more recipes while listening to Cambria play the piano or watching the girls play a game of chess.










While reading, I became aware that the Braxton Hicks I had been experiencing had progressed into the real deal. I managed to discretely waddle down to the nursery without the girls noticing.



It was after midnight when I delivered a beautiful baby boy. Any ambivalence I felt regarding this pregnancy melted away the first moment I held him in my arms. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding his conception, here was a beautiful gift entrusted to me. I named him Joel and he was born with the traits: Loner and Excitable.


To my surprise the contractions kept coming. Next Jadyn was born with the traits: Perceptive and Friendly.


And it still wasn't over; it's triplets! This is my second set of triplets. Jared was born with the traits: Virtuoso and Clumsy.


Day 149

I was exhausted and slept in while the girls readied themselves for school. We had a simple day with some quality family time.




Miska "singing" along with the radio





No comments:

Post a Comment