Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chapter 10

Day 46

I managed to obtain another "inheritance" this one was worth $34, 310. I initially thought that I would be this brilliant self-supporting artist, and perhaps I could be if I only had the time to paint. Until that point arrives I am grateful for the windfalls I am able to obtain. I concentrated on teaching Mathias to walk outside while the contractors improved our home. Mathias hates the outdoors so he was hardly thrilled about being out there, but he did very well with learning to walk.


This time I spent the bulk of my money on the living areas downstairs and in my home office. The spacious downstairs now boasts a huge TV, sectional sofa and a video game system. I splurged on a UFO tree house for the children to play in. I ordered a "tanning bed" and tweaked it with my home planet technology creating a Super Sleeper that I will keep locked out of sight in my office. My entire office now reminds me of home.


Later that afternoon, we celebrated Mathias and Maisie's birthdays. Mathias aged up with the trait: Inappropriate (takes after his father!) and Maisie with the trait: Brave. In the middle of the party, Boyd showed up uninvited and gave me flowers.




After the children were tucked into bed, I entered my new decorated office to sleep in my Super Sleeper.



















Day 47

I had forgotten how little sleep one needed when resting the the Super Sleeper. It was the best night's sleep since I arrived on earth. However, I awakened when it was still dark. I stargazed (accomplishing Logic 1 and 2) and it made me incredibly homesick. Earth is so far from everything I know and love!







Today was Mathias and Maisie's first day of school. Finally with all the children out of the house for the day, I can get out as well. Having twins is a blessing, but getting out of the house with them is darned difficult.





Trying to shake this stir crazy feeling, I head out aimlessly. I found myself at the old Wolff house (the Wolff's have moved up the hill) and spotted a brand new neighbor.









I had a lovely time getting acquainted with this fine Earthling specimen. I was somewhat surprised to hear that he believes in UFOs and alien life form. Tyrell Jameson told me his number one goal in life was to interact with aliens. I wanted to tell him, "Honey, this is your lucky day!" But I already have at least one stalker, do I need anymore? I think not. Instead I played the super friendly Earthing to the hilt and the afternoon was clearly a success.



When I arrived home I found the children entertaining themselves (and each other) with our new video game system. On Earth they say video games are a waste of time and stifle creativity. Fortunately for my children, their mother is advanced life form and knows that video games foster creativity, decision making, perception, hand-eye coordination and knits those little brain neurons together. On Xicanopia all school subjects use video games for enhancement. Plus group gaming encourages team building skills and enhances relationships.


Maisie enjoys her new block table, while I painted. Whitney prepared my favorite meal and the Storey family enjoyed Autumn Salad while sitting together at the table and chatting throughout the meal. It is a blessing to have enough chairs to sit down at a meal and enjoy the company of one's family.




Day 48

Another morning and I awoke while the sky was still dark. I guess it will take a few days to adjust to my new sleep schedule. Since I was up early I worked a bit on my Single Parenting book. I have now reached Writing Level 2.






My writing was interrupted when I experienced that now too familiar nausea.









The remainder of the day was uneventful. I completed my 16th painting and sold it for $429. I napped and visited the playground in an attempt to boost my Charisma skills. I read a book on how to be a Long Distance Friend so that any lack of contact will not deteriorate my friendships. I received notice that I have completed the Super Friendly Challenge. Ummm, you think? I had a lovely, relaxing evening painting (up to Level 9 now!) with my family nearby.




Day 49

Up early again, I wrote ( reaching Level 3) and stargazed. I cooked pancakes for my family, reaching Cooking Level 4.








Mathias and Maisie had fun playing in their UFO tree house. It amused me to no seeing my half-Earthling children play up there!












I gardened (reaching Level 6) and chatted with a neighbor that stopped by. I have noticed that having a back yard open to the beach attracts all sorts of visitors.








Tonight was Liam and Whitney's prom night. They were picked up in a limo.  Whitney was elected prom queen. She fell on the dance floor and was ditched by Mr. Popular, but she she managed to charm a young man named Lenny. She gets her charming skills from me. Wait, that isn't necessarily a good thing, is it? Liam was elected prom king. His crush wouldn't dance with him, but he met a new gal named Trista. They were inseparable for the remainder of the dance.










After making spaghetti for the younger twins, I completed my 17th painting. It is valued at $390, but I cannot bear to part with it. It is a bird from my home planet, the revered Fyr Fugl.







Day 50

My first challenge I faced today was a clogged toilet. Every cloud has its silver lining and so do clogged toilets, I suppose. My Handiness Level is now a 6.







After a relaxing breakfast of leftover pancakes, I relaxed with Mathias playing chess with him.








Liam asked Tricia out to a date to Central Park. Whitney met Lenny at the playground. I think it is adorable that they both have sweethearts. Later that evening, Liam and Whitney went on a double date to the diner.




Meanwhile I went into labor! I gave birth to another set of twins! I had a boy that I named Kieran. He was born with the traits: Loner and Good. Then I had a daughter that I named Peyton. She was born with the traits: Excitable and Neurotic. I am now the mother to nine children and this is my fourth set of boy-girl twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment