Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chapter 48

Day 214

I was anxious for a new home, in a new town with new faces. In raising so many children, I have very little time to myself. I want options for my entertainment and social life. It was fairly early on the first day of summer when we rolled into Storybrook County. Our new house is up in the hills just above the city. I thought long and hard about living in the city vs. the country as I have both options here, but I am anxious to taste city life. My new home is a mid-century modern and I love it. There isn't a lot of yard space, but there is a field next door that the children can play on.

The front of our new home.

The backside of our new home.

The first thing I did was to plant my new garden. I have a small sunroom as well as fenced off garden.










After my gardening was finished, I worked a bit on toddler skills.



I was thrilled to have a wood oven on my covered patio. I made homemade pepperoni pizza for our first dinner here.





I had planned to enjoy the hot tub on my bedroom patio before I went to bed, but a storm rolled in. 



Day 215 

Today was a busy one. It was the first day of school for Rafe and Raina. And all four of the children had birthdays today. And I still had toddler training to accomplish.








We completed the toddler skills in time. But it's pretty darned difficult to work four birthday cakes into one evening. So, I decided we'd skip the cake and celebrate with snow cones. Rafe aged to a teen with the new trait: Light Sleeper. Raina aged to a teen with the new trait: Proper. Yasmin aged to a child with the new trait: Friendly. And Ebrahim aged to a child wuth the new trait: Loner.





Day 216






After I started the laundry, I went to the mall. Our home came with a rodent cage and I promised the kids that I'd buy them a new pet today.


I was having trouble making a selection and I looked to the clerk for help... "Hello, Hot Stuff!"


It turns out the Maz Hanson is the owner of the pet store. I didn't care if he was the janitor. I was eager to get to know Mr. Flirts Alot.




Skip the games. We were consenting adults. We knew what we wanted. Why wait? Bow chicka wow wow.







I made arrangements to pick up a pet rat from Maz just before the mall closed. I texted the kids to meet me at the mall so we could enjoy the summer festival and ice rink there.












We picked up our new rat and Yasmin named her Gigi on the ride home.



Day 217

I was awakened by a rain storm this morning.








Despite the fact that I had not experienced a single bout of nausea, I suspected I was pregnant from my photo booth encounter with Maz. I swung by the hospital for a test on the way to the greenhouse.




After I had completed my purchases at the greenhouse, I decided to swing by the mall. 


I stopped by to see Maz.


I was visiting with Maz when I received the news confirming I was pregnant. 


I think he took the news very well.



I went to the farmer's market area and tried to sell some of my produce, but the mall wasn't very busy today. After a short while I went home to be with the kids.








It turns out that genie children have the power to clean the entire house with a sparkly waving of the hands. I like this very much!








Day 218

Today is the last day of summer. And it is a holiday! Since the kids had the day off from school, I decided to take them to the fairgrounds for the day.


























It was a full moon tonight so we left as soon as the moon started ascending. It was perfect timing; it started hailing as soon as we climbed into the car.


Once we were home, I made some garlicky calzones for those of us that hadn't stuffed their face full of ice cream all day.


"But I wanted to sit there!"



2 comments:

  1. Gosh, you can't imagine how I excited I was to see you uploaded a new chapter! I literally check your blog once every hour! BTW, I added your 100 BC and ISBI to my blogroll :D!

    ReplyDelete