Monday, April 2, 2012

Chapter 14

Day 68


 I decided to make apple pancakes this morning, raising my Cooking Level to a 6.


I spent much of my day toddler training. I was successful in teaching Deacon to walk and managed to potty train him as well. Kieran and Peyton worked on homework together. It really was a quiet, uneventful day for us.



I ended my day by purchasing another "Inheritance". This one was valued at $30, 798.

Day 69



I spent my inheritance completing the unfinished bathrooms. And this includes my personal bathroom that now includes a beautiful corner bathtub! I added a washer and dryer to my home - fresh, clean clothes coming soon! I traded in my sad little car for a sweet, retro ride. And now I have a lovely little artist's studio (and mom's retreat) in the backyard with my artist easel and the Pedestrian Sculpting Station. I have decided to add sculpting to my artisan repertoire, although I have no idea when I am actually going to have time to hone this skill. I also purchased a laptop for writing; maybe one day I will actually finish my first book? I am rather pleased with the nice touches I have been able to add to my home. Whoever says that money can't buy happiness, has no idea where to shop!






After a quick breakfast of cereal, I resumed toddler training. I taught Daniel to walk and potty trained him as well.






Kieran and Peyton made the honor roll - yay! The Storey family had a relaxing afternoon and I even tried my hand at sculpting.








We rounded out our day with a couple of birthday cakes. Kieran now has the trait; Childish and the Lifetime Wish: Adopt a Unicorn. Peyton aged up with the trait: Virtuoso and has the Lifetime Wish: Hit Movie Composer.






Day 70

I was awakened just after midnight with labor pains!




After hours of labor I gave birth to another set of twins. Jacob was born first with the traits: Good and Light Sleeper. Next Emma was born with the traits: Clumsy and Hates the Outdoors. It now occurs to me that with twin babies AND twin toddlers (and a total of seven children under my roof!), just maybe I didn't think my last attempt at pregnancy through very well. I will not get any break between toddler training and birthdays. Perhaps I need to stop thinking of this challenge of mine as a race and view it as a marathon instead? At any rate pacing myself sounds like a good idea.




It is 4:30 AM before I managed to tuck the newest twins into swings and contemplate returning to bed myself. There isn't any way I will be able to attend Kieran and Peyton's graduation today. Even if I could manage on insufficient sleep, there isn't enough hands to manage toddler twins and babies without phoning a babysitter. I pinned a note and simoleons to our kitchen bulletin board telling my graduates to take my new (to me) car and treat themselves to breakfast at the diner before graduation. I regret I will miss their graduation ceremony, but they are great kids I am sure they will understand.




Kieran graduated with highest honor; he is Class Valedictorian! His classmates voted him "Most Likely to never leave the house." He decided to join the Private Investigator career.




Peyton graduated with highest honor and was voted "Most likely to be a Rock Star." She joined the music career.




All too soon I was giving them their graduation gifts and hugging them good-bye. They moved into the same apartment building as Mathias and Maisie.










My day ended with teaching Deacon to talk and Mathias coming by for a visit.








Day 71


My day started with tackling laundry. Alex went to the pool (where he saw some of his siblings) and enjoyed his day off from school. I taught Daniel to talk, now completing toddler skills for this set of twins. 












We had four birthdays this evening. I decided to skip the cakes altogether. I didn't have that much time and we don't need that much sugar in the house. Deacon aged to a child with the trait: Light Sleeper. Daniel aged to a child with the trait: Frugal. Jacob is now a toddler with my hair color and green eyes. Emma is a darling toddler with my hair color and my lavender eyes. I ended my day by cooking a healthy meal for my house full of children. I am absolutely stir crazy from not leaving the house, but without any teens to babysit there is nothing I can do about it.




Day 72

Deacon and Daniel were almost late to their first day of school!






I was still feeling stir crazy so rather than tackle yet another day of toddler training, I opted to sculpt and garden. I surpassed Level 1 and reached Level 2 in sculpting skills. I completed my first clay sculpting piece valued at $25. I obtained the Suave Seller reward with hopes of placing future paintings and sculptures at the Riverview consignment store. 






Upon arriving home from school, Alexander played "joyride" on the sofa until I called him to the backyard to celebrate his birthday. He aged up to a teen with the trait: Slob.








With a teen in the house again, I went into town to rid myself this stir crazy feeling. I met a really nice guy named Joe Hardy. We hit it off and I asked him to group up with me. We then went to the pool. 




Once at the pool site, we became closer very quickly. He joined me in the hot tub and we got to know each other very well! Afterward I slipped back into my house in the wee hours of the morning.









No comments:

Post a Comment