Thursday, February 9, 2012

My 100 Baby Challenge Rules

Rules Guidelines

Updated 1/7/14: As I was looking back I realized I have made even more changes to my guidelines :)
Now that I have Twallan's Master Controller, I no longer use CAS on the children to change their hairstyle or clothes. I use a mod to prevent the random hair color from popping up. I gave up on having a profession, Charlotte is entirely to busy whoohooin' and birthin' babies LOL

Using CAS: I do not use CAS to alter the children's looks or traits. I use CAS immediately after they age up to change their hair and clothing instead of going to the dresser and mirror for the purposes of birthday party screenshots. After Charlotte moved to Moonlight Falls I began to see random hair color pop up outside of the usual genetics. It doesn't look as if this glitch will be patched anytime soon. Starting with chapter 52 I will change the toddlers hair color via CAS if it does not match one of the parents. I will select the parent's hair color closest in shade to the one the game generated. I have not had this problem with eye color, but if that starts I will do the same with that glitch.

  • No cheats unless dire necessity (i.e. in order to prevent social services from showing up)*
  • No babysitters (or very rarely), maids or butlers
  • Home births (to prevent the use of a babysitter), although there may be the occasional hospital birth.
  • In addition to no money cheats, there will not be any collecting allowed
  • Mother will support her family with painting, writing, gardening, etc. - No collecting!
  • Epic lifespan is used for Young Adult & Adult. Freezing the mother's age via Lifetime Rewards is permitted.
  • Lifespan for the children are set as: Baby - 1 day, Toddler - 4 days, child - 8 days and teen - 6 days
  • Roll for all traits for the children
  • The toddlers should be potty trained and taught to talk & walk (at least try hard!)
  • Children/teens will go to school and not hold part-time jobs (but they can contribute to the family funds by fishing, gardening, painting, writing, etc.)
  • A different baby daddy for each pregnancy (starting with the residents of Sunset Valley)*
  • Baby Daddies may not move in*
  • Mother will not go steady, get engaged or married*
  • Lifetime rewards allowed
* I am changing the "rules" to "guidelines". Why? Because one-quarter of the way through this challenge I am seeing the storyline going stale with the SSDD happening. What am I changing or tweaking? I am resorting to lifefruit** on a regular basis. My twins and triplets are not aging up together. I use the lifefruit to correct this glitch. I still will not allow anyone in the household to collect more money, but I may allow Charlotte to gain employment with a profession. Why? Because I have Showtime now and I think it might be fun to incorporate these professions in the story.

Another "rule" I am considering tweaking is the: A different baby daddy for each pregnancy, Baby Daddies may not move in and Mother will not go steady, get engaged or married. Never fear, Charlotte is not about to get married and pop out the next 75 babies with her husband. But if the storyline will be enhanced by breaking these rules than I will do it. So, Charlotte might have a longer term relationship now and again if I think it will add interest for me and the readers. One "rule" I decided to break from the beginning is: The challenge ends with the birth of the 100th baby. My challenge will most likely be over around that time, but my story isn't over until I say, "The end." or "And she lived happily ever after." 

Whether you comment on my blog, forum or just lurk, thank you for reading. I hope you are enjoying the story as much as I am. And feel free to delurk, I would be happy to hear from you! 

**I no longer use lifefruit to correct EA's inconsistent aging for the children. Instead I have the children's age setting longer than my goal. I keep track of their ages in my notes, so I know when it is time to age them up. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment