Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chapter 33

Day 150


After the girls left for school, I invited Drake over for the triplets' birthdays. I am making an attempt to handle this friendship in a mature manner.


Joel aged up to a child with my red hair and Drake's gray eyes. He is a cutie pie.


Next up was Jadyn; she inherited both her hair and eye color from her daddy.


And finally it was Jared's turn; he also inherited both hair and eye color from his daddy.


It seemed as if we had barely finished celebrating the triplets' birthdays and then the girls were home.






Soon it was time for Isabella's birthday. Bella aged up to a teen with the trait: Green Thumb. This will be a handy trait for a Vegetarian.



Even though Drake is pleasant company, I was ready for him to leave after Bella's birthday party. I enjoyed a quiet, pleasant evening home with my children.



Bella is enjoying her new birthday present.

Day 151


I was awakened by my phone ringing. And I was rather annoyed when whoever called me hung up without speaking.







Immediately after the first hang-up phone call, I received a second.



Since it was Saturday, I asked the girls to help out with toddler training. I find that old adage "Many hands make work light" to be very true.










Tonight was prom night for Cambria and Isabella.






The girls had a great time at the prom. Cambria was elected prom queen and Isabella came home smitten with a boy named Jevon. They slipped in quietly just before curfew.


Day 152


I woke up feeling as if I hadn't left the house in forever. I was feeling absolutely stir-crazy. I gardened while waiting for the girls to wake up.


Once they were awake, we celebrated Cambria's birthday. She aged to a young adult with the trait: Artistic. Her Lifetime Wish is to be a Master of the Arts.



My girls sensed that I was stir-crazy and insisted that they would take care of their younger siblings and the house. I was to get out of the house to treat myself. I am so blessed to have such wonderful children. I went into town for a mani/pedi and even treated myself to a movie.










I was gifted a Multi-Tab 6000 by Miss Gamble. She is a jewel of a friend.


Bella called the boy she is sweet on and arranged to meet him in town to see a movie, but they missed it, so instead they went to see a game and to eat at the diner.







While Cambria was holding down the fort at home, I went to a party at Drake's.


I'm tired of going hungry at parties, I fixed my own damn dinner.


Dakota was there; I enjoyed chatting with him.

What man doesn't appreciate a home cooked meal?

Can't touch this? Can't or shouldn't?

Dancing with Drake.

That's my son LOL


Day 153

Breakfast with the girls and a chat with Cody was a pleasant way to pass away the morning.




Then it was time for Cambria's graduation. Cambria graduated with highest honor and was voted "Most Likely to Take Over the World" by her classmates.




After some discussion, we agreed that Cambria will not be moving out immediately after graduation. She wants to stay home and study for a while. And I think she feels responsible for me a bit. She is the only one that really understands the deep grief I went through after Matthew's death.

After the graduation ceremony, I went home to resume toddler training. Bella came home and invited her sweetheart over. Cambria attended a piano class and met a young man named Mike there.







Cambria was still enjoying her day with Mike and Isabella had just left to go out with Jevon when the moment I have been dreading happened.







The girls were unaware of our loss and had wonderful dates.




We will miss our Miska very much.

“The dogs in our lives, the dogs we come to love and who (we fervently believe) love us in return, offer more than fidelity, consolation, and companionship. They offer comedy, irony, wit, and a wealth of anecdotes, the "shaggy dog stories" and "stupid pet tricks" that are commonplace pleasures of life. They offer, if we are wise enough or simple enough to take it, a model for what it means to give your heart with little thought of return. Both powerfully imaginary and comfortingly real, dogs act as mirrors for our own beliefs about what would constitute a truly humane society. Perhaps it is not too late for them to teach us some new tricks.”
(Marjorie Garber)

No comments:

Post a Comment