Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chapter 52

Day 234

I invited John over first thing so we could celebrate the triplets' birthdays.


Josette has my hair and eye color.



Juliette has her father's hair and eye color.



And Andrew also has his father's hair and eye color.






We all want that special someone to share our life with. Someone that is going to be there for us through thick and thin. Someone who wants us, like we want them. But life doesn't always work out the way we hope. Someone wants us, but it's not the one we want. We want someone but we're just a face in the crowd to them. We give our heart, only to have it broken. Perhaps we find that special someone and the feelings are mutual, but circumstances stand in our way or tragedy befalls us. It hurts when we risk our heart and it is thoroughly crushed. We retreat and build a fortress around our soul.. yet... while we hold others at arm's length, we desperately long for someone to break through that barrier we have erected and rescue us from our own fears.

I suppose everyone wants that knight in shining armor to look us in the eyes and say, "You're the one I want. The only one. I will never let you down." And not in a creepy stalker way that makes us get a restraining order. But fairy tales are for children. Real life and real relationships are complicated. We just do the best we can and try to make decisions we can live with. Which is why I backed out of asking John to break up with his girlfriend and see where our relationship could go. There is a part of me that is cowardly. I don't want to take the chance of getting hurt again. So, we had the "let's just be friends chat" and moved on with our day.













William learned to walk. He has all his toddler skills and is ready to celebrate his birthday tomorrow.






Day 235

First thing in the morning, I called John over to celebrate William's birthday.



John showed up in his tux. Someone had been out all night. I kept my mouth shut and my comments to myself.




William aged up with the trait: Party Animal. Hmm, I wonder if I should wait until he's an adult to let him move in with his father.







After the birthday celebration, I went to the mailbox to see what was in there. I received letters from Rolf Tailwagga, Kenneth Mcleod and Maz Hanson. I received gifts from John, and men named Harry and Bowen. And from a Mr. George Crownroyal, I received two letters and a gift. This has gone from flattering to insulting. On the upside, the gifts are very nice and frequently expensive paintings. Selling them pad my bank account rather nicely.









Pranked by Marissa.














John, your kid needs attention. Get off the computer already!





By the end of our day Josette was potty trained, Juliette could talk and Andrew could walk.

Day 236











Sheila's son came over to hang out with the twins.











Insane children are so much help, NOT!


By the end of the day Josette was talking, Andrew was potty trained and I was exhausted.




I fell into a deep and exhausted sleep, but then I was awakened by a noise. I opened my eyes and was stunned by what I saw through the sliding glass door in my bedroom.


It was an alien space ship that landed on the street in front of my house. Stunned I raced outside.


When I arrived out front nothing was there. Not in the street or all around my house. Was it real or just a dream? Waves of long-repressed homesickness crashed over me. I struggled to hold back the tears as I went back to bed.

Day 237

I woke up sad from the previous night's dreams. And I was feeling stir crazy on top of that. But what could I do? I had children to take care of. I realized with soberness that I had birthed fifty earthling children now.  I was half way toward a goal, that had been set for me a lifetime ago. Instead of feeling victorious, I felt lonely. There are some days I don't want to go forward with this anymore, but it felt as if I was honoring my family and our people by continuing forward. All the what-ifs in the world can't change the past.




In today's mail I received letters from John and Rolf and a gift from Bowen. Something is wrong with the ground in this part of the Shadowlands. I have carefully tended my plants, yet they do not bear fruit.









Tonight was Michael and Marissa's prom. For some odd reason Marissa decided to change out of her formal and go to the prom in her casual clothes.












It had been another exhausting day, but the triplets mastered all of their toddler skills and would be ready for their party tomorrow. Marissa and Michael both came home from the prom with sweethearts. Marissa was smitten with Dyson Broker and Michael with Kristoff Mandrake.

Day 238 - Leisure Day



John came over (in his tux again) to celebrate the triplets' birthdays.


Josette aged up with the new trait: Heavy Sleeper.




Juliette aged up with the trait: Lucky.




Andrew aged up with the trait: Disciplined.





It felt as if we had scarcely cleaned up from the first party before we were heading for Neptune's Putt Putt & Party to celebrate Marissa and Michael's birthdays.




Don't ask me why Michael brought Beany to his birthday party :P







Marissa aged up with the trait: Angler. Her Lifetime Wish is to be a Great Explorer.



Michael's new trait is: Rebellious. On that note, I'm glad he's moving in with his father tomorrow. His Lifetime Wish is to be Leader of the Free World.










6 comments:

  1. Cute kids! I am a bad influence on my kids! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scorpio, yes you are but they're so cute they can get away with anything =D

      Delete
  2. This chapter was fantastic! You did an excellent job at showing Charlotte's feelings! Poor her, I feel so bad! And I loved your use of TS3 Seasons aliens. Just wondering, does Charlotte ever feel bad about taking guys from their girlfriends/wives? I'm sure if she did, it must've ended already because of how many times she's done it... but did she ever? And also, does she tell her kids about where she's from? I know she probably doesn't tell her boyfriends cuz they would think she is crazy, but does she tell her kids so they can continue the legacy of an alien? Also, just wondering, out of all the kids who did Charlotte have the highest relationship with in-game and who did she have the lowest? Haha, it would be funny if she was ever enemies with one of her kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! The game set up the almost alien ancounter for me; I just had to throw in a few lines about it. Hmmm... without rereading challenge, the only relationship I recall her breaking up was with Nick (her ex-husband) and his girlfriend. Although I'm sure she cheated with a few guys too. I don't think she's "over" messing around with taken guys or her serial relationships. I think she's just really good at trying to stay detached or supressing her feelings. She doesn't tell her kids about their heritage. The more they know and may confide in the wrong person could put them all at risk :) The only person she ever confided in was Matthew. Even tho she is alien her gentic makeup is so very similar to earthlings, she simply doesn't stand out in an obvious way. I can't say I recall her relationship statuses with her children. She is a fairly hands on parent so by the time they are children it is rather high. That would be interesting if she was enemies with one of her kids, but she has good parenting traits so it is unlikely XD

      Delete
  3. Great reading.. *more please* lots of nooboos....

    ReplyDelete