Saturday, March 23, 2013

Chapter 55

Day 249 - First day of Spring


There is nothing like waking up to a bit of lovin' with your man. And it helps if you have teens to tend to your toddler while you "sleep in".








On this lovely spring Sunday, the teens headed for the mall to enjoy the spring festival. Colby and I stayed home with Colleen and puttered around the house.












Juliette discovered the mystical shop and immediately began to expand upon her witchy skills.







The day passed by quickly and my teens returned home about the same time that Kenneth showed up for Colleen's birthday celebration.




Colleen aged up to a beautiful lass with the trait Eccentric.





Day 250






The children went to school. Colby had a security presentation to give to the local business office. I tidied up around the house before I went to my appointment at the bridal store.






The bridal boutique assistant helped me select a beautiful dress for my wedding and convinced me to try a new hair style for the spring.




When I arrived home, William shared with me that he had made the honor roll. William had already invited his father over for his birthday celebration. John arrived shortly after I did.



William aged up to a young adult with the new trait Supernatural Fan. His Lifetime Wish is to become an Alchemy Artisan.


It was a night overshadowed by the full moon again. And that meant more of the undead skulking around my front door.





Colby wanted to slip out in the full moon to see if the gateway he had entered the Shadowlands through was open. We had no expectations of crossing through, it was an exercise of learning as much as we could. We were neither surprised or disappointed to find no sign on the gateway on this night.



Day 251



After a quick breakfast we raced off the William's graduation ceremony.



William was valedictorian and voted "Most Popular" by his peers. That's my boy!


With my impending nuptials, I asked William to continue living with us until the triplets graduated. Then all four of them planned on moving in with their father. William agreed to my request, knowing he would be a great help to me.



We spent the rest of the day relaxing and pursuing our own interests.











Day 252

My wedding day had arrived. I was awakened by the sounds of the spring rains pelting against the windows. I couldn't remember if Earthlings considered rain on your wedding day as good luck or bad luck, not that I believed in such superstitions. But nonetheless I was apprehensive about getting married. I had yet to experience long lasting happiness in my adult years. Although it seemed a lifetime ago and scarcely real anymore, I was still overcome by the occasional wave of homesickness for my birth family and my home planet.






The children left for school, Colby left for work and I tackled a few chores and painted until it was time for me to head to the chapel.









The kids were arriving home at the same time I was leaving for the wedding chapel. They would change into their nicest outfits before meeting me there. I had received a text from Yasmin, she would not be able to break away from work and attend the wedding. I was disappointed but I understood.






Soon the mixologist was setting up for the reception and my beloved and children were arriving.


My breath hitched as I spotted my intended under the wedding arch waiting for me.


Why Marriage?
(by Mari Nichols-Haining)


Because to the depths of me, I long to love one person,
with all my heart, my soul, my mind, my body...


Because I need a forever friend to trust with the intimacies of me,
who won't hold them against me,


Who loves me when I'm unlikable,
Who sees the small child in me, and
Who looks for the divine potential of me...


Because I need to cuddle in the warmth of the night
With someone who thanks God for me,
With someone I feel blessed to hold...


Because marriage means opportunity
To grow in love in friendship...


Because marriage is a discipline
To be added to a list of achievements...


Because marriages do not fail, people fail
When they enter into marriage
Expecting another to make them whole...


Because, knowing this,
I promise myself to take full responsibility


For my spiritual, mental and physical wholeness
I create me,


I take half the responsibility of my marriage
Together we create our marriage...


Because with this understanding
The possibilities are limitless.









We danced and celebrated the evening away until it was time for William to take his younger siblings home. My husband was more than eager to whisk me away to my surprise honeymoon location.









Day 253 - Valentine's Day











All too soon, our honeymoon stay was over. It was time to go home and celebrate the triplets turning into young adults.



Josie's new trait was Charismatic and her Lifetime Wish is to be Super Popular.



Juliette's new trait was Vegetarian and her Lifetime Wish is the be the Master of the Arts.



Andrew's new trait was Lucky and his Lifetime Wish is to be a Martial Arts Master.





Colby and I decided to show the kids how to dance the smustle. Is there anything more entertaining than embarrassing your children?





After clearing the room, we took advantage of alone time and slowed danced to some old jazz music. I do believe this married life suits me rather well.




4 comments:

  1. Wow the wedding was so beautiful so was the honeymoon type thing! congrats Charlotte <3

    -momo

    ReplyDelete
  2. cries* My baby is married!!! Waaaa!!!LOL I LOVE IT!!! You take such beautiful screen shots!! Colby looks so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgg I loved that poem! And gawh that red hair is soo strong in that family. I'm glad she's married now :)she looks very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww such a cute chapter! I loved the poem and the hilarious dancing pictures :D.
    Don't worry, I'm not gonna ask you a million questions this time ;).

    ReplyDelete