Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chapter 38

Day 167




After breakfast I succumbed to my nesting and nurturing urges and adopted a dog. I really miss having one around the house. My new dog's name is Dolly.



Sarena now has a new friend.




The new friends met for the first time. It doesn't go too smoothly.












At the end of the day, I went into labor.


I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl just before midnight. I named her Brooke. Brooke was born with the traits: Absent-minded and Eccentric.



Day 168

Today was an incredibly busy day with six birthday cakes! 

Aiden aged up to a child with the new trait: Never Nude. He didn't get that trait from his mother.



Avery Rose aged up with the new trait: Cat Person. That should make Serena happy.


Brooksie aged up to become an adorable toddler. She has her father's hair and eye color.





Joel aged up to a young adult with the new trait: Angler. His Lifetime Wish is to Present the Perfect Aquarium.



Jadyn aged up with the new trait: Adventurous. Her Lifetime Wish is to be a Seasoned Traveler.



Jared aged up with Commitment Issues and his Lifetime Wish is to have a One Sim Band.








I felt all mommed out by the end of the day. I decided to take advantage of having the triplets still at home. I left them in charge while I went out for a drink.



I spent some time dancing with the consignment store clerk. Phoenix Ross is a nice guy, but I didn't even attempt to pursue him. I simply enjoyed my 'me time' before heading home alone.



Day 169



Do you prefer Chucks or Vans, Mom?


The triplets graduated today!





Joel graduated with highest honor and was voted "Most likely to never leave his house" by his peers.


Jadyn graduated with highest honor and was voted "Most likely to offend others" by her classmates.


Jared graduated with highest honor and was voted "Most likely to become a rock star".

And then it was time for the traditional gifting and hugs good-bye with my new graduates.








Joel decided to pursue a career in science. Jadyn chose a film career. Jared elected to strive for a career in music. They moved to an old motel in the dried up lake area. It really isn't a bad neighborhood; they will be fine there.

I decided to take the littles to a nearby playground after my new graduates departed from city hall.






Wulf invited me to a party at his house. I was surprised, but I readily accepted. It means that I will be hiring a babysitter for the first time ever, but it shouldn't hurt to hire one now and again.



The babysitter showed up in his formal wear!




I don't know what I expected to happen between Wulf and I this evening. We have been intimate physically, but that certainly isn't an indication of emotional intimacy. We have created a child together, but even strangers can do that.


Wulf told me he is leaving town. He didn't say why he is going, but I have the impression that he doesn't put down roots anywhere. Wulf has placed funds in a bank account for Brooke's child support. He gave me an email address and asked me to send him photos and news of Brooke growing up. When Brooke graduates from high school, he wants her to come and stay with him for awhile. While deeply appreciative of his generosity for his daughter, I still felt the sting of rejection. It feels like I was nothing to him. Is that how he thinks I feel? Does he feel used by me? I wish I could have asked him. I wish I could breach that damn wall he has around him. But I just pasted on a smile and told him, "Thank you."




I felt confused, frustrated and maybe a touch humiliated by our conversation. I was ready to leave the party. Wulf politely thanked me for coming and walked me to the door without a hug or kiss good-bye. I decided to walk over to the coffee shop for a bite to eat. Before I walked in I spotted an attractive man standing in the courtyard area.


I introduced myself to Darreth McKyntyre. We chatted for a bit and then I suggested we get a bite to eat together in the coffee shop.


After our meal, things became a little flirty between us. I then suggested we go to a dance club on the pier. He agreed and off we went. I was hoping to get lucky tonight. One way to get over the sting of losing a guy is to snag another one.



I was moving toward the bar to buy Darreth a drink, when he abruptly left.


At that point, I gave up on my evening out and I went home. I owed the babysitter $75 for watching my children while I was being dumped by two different men on the same night. *sigh*



Day 170


I decided to try a new recipe and make French toast for my breakfast.












Naughty Dolly!


I decided not to give up on Darreth. I gave him a call and we chatted pleasantly for some time. He is going to be the next father of my children, even if he doesn't know it yet.







My pets appear to have expensive taste in food. Sorry, guys, dinner will be kibble, not lobster.

No comments:

Post a Comment