Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chapter 5

Day 20

 Today was Melody's first day of school. I was so tired this morning that I slept in until noon. Once I started my day, I again spent too much time cleaning and unclogging a toilet. I have repaired these items so often that I have completed the Plumber Skill Challenge. I wish I could hire a maid! But a maid could snoop and find out my secrets. I picked my very first ripe tomatoes. My Gardening Level is now a 1 and I planted some seeds that I purchased. It will be nice to have fresh food to serve my children. By the time I am finished working in the garden my level is at a 2.







After school Dominic took Melody fishing. Dominic has a knack for catching fish. Poor Melody tripped and tumbled ass over teakettle and landed in the surf.











During Gabriella & Dominic's birthday celebration, Gobias showed up! Gabriella & Dominic seem pleased to be finally meeting their father. Gabby's new trait is Perfectionist. And Dom's new trait is Unflirty - good luck getting a girlfriend, Dom!








Dominic entertained Gabby and Gobias with ghost stories while I ran to the library. I signed the kids up for after school activities: Melody in scouting, Dom in sports and shop and Gabby in music club and drama. I also took the time to write a bit more on my Single Parenting book. I submitted a few chapters and earned $10.




Day 21





No school on Saturday, so the kids scattered here and there. Melody went to the park. Dominic walked to the beach to fish. Gabriella cleaned the house for me then walked down the street to get to know her father. I gardened. Gardening is grungy work, but a worthwhile endeavor.











After I cleaned up from my gardening tasks. I walked to the playground to go on a manhunt. I met Hank Goddard. Hank is a traffic cop that happens to be engaged to Pauline Wan. I worked hard getting to know him, I do love a man in uniform!











Dom sold his fish at the grocery store for $69 and then came home to cook hot dogs. What a good boy!












Melody pranked her older sister while I am at the park. Dom had to get in between the two them before all hell broke loose. After chatting with Hank, I introduced myself to Jared Frio and Buster Clavell. I arrived home to discover the shower is broken (again!) and in repairing it I reach Level 5 in the Handiness Skill.



Day 22
 

Since today was Sunday, the children ate their breakfast and scattered to their various pursuits in Sunset Valley. I slept late, raced through gardening, breakfast and the dishes and then invited Hank over. He showed up in his uniform - yummy! I discovered Hank is Charismatic and in chatting with him my Charisma Skill bumped up to Level 5. Hank was not receptive to my flirting. I asked him, "What do they say about me?" He told me that I have a naughty reputation.





Later that evening, Gabby came home  and cooked macaroni and cheese. While I was waiting for my turn in the shower, I resumed painting. I completed my 10th painting and sold it for $180. I purchased three more dining room chairs. No longer will the Storey family need to eat while standing up or sitting on the toilet! We are moving up in this world.




Day 23

Today was mostly uneventful. The sink broke again and I cleaned the house. I tended the garden, bringing my Gardening level to a 4. Gabby and Melody had after school activities and Dom went fishing again. That evening we attended Gabriella's recital and award ceremony. I was so very proud of her! Her twin didn't seem terribly impressed though.


Day 24




After the kids left for school, I went over to Boyd Wainwright's home. We chatted for a little and then his wife Susan showed up. I introduced myself to her and then quickly left. Dominic is still one stressed-out boy, so he stopped by his dad's to hang out and watch television after he attended shop club.











I completed my 11th painting and sold it for $224. I purchased sliding glass doors. It will be so nice to have a back door and natural light coming into our little home.







Day 25



It was so wonderful to walk out of the bedroom this morning into a sun brightened room with a fabulous view! The kids took off for school this morning leaving behind the dishes as usual. Dominic and Gabriella had a field trip to the police station where they both got sick from eating jail food. After school Dominic had an award ceremony and Melody had a badging ceremony for scouts.







Later that evening Parker showed up. He told Melody a story afterward she asked him to read her a bedtime story and he sweetly indulged her. Meanwhile, Gabby and Dom went to the prom. They didn't have nice clothes or a very good time (fights, humiliating moments, falling flat on their face, etc.), but despite all those unfortunate events they were named Prom Queen and King. I closed out my day with chatting on the phone with Hank.


No comments:

Post a Comment