Sunday, May 20, 2012

Chapter 25

Day 120

Today was Colton and Cody's birthdays. I lost so much time running and relocating, that I knew that it would be impossible to teach them everything they needed to learn today. I am a single parent and I don't have a teen to help me at the moment. But my hopes were to get two out of three skills for each of them. I had a quick breakfast of grapes and then got to the nursery to start toddler training.



Dakota ran to catch the school bus for his first day of school in this lovely winter wonderland.


Miska, sweetheart that she is, brought me the newspaper. I had to stop what I was doing for the moment and give her a treat.





Two stray cats showed up on my front porch to hang out during the day. Note to self: No adopting any more pets right now!



Miska ran to greet Dakota when he got home from school.


Dakota played on the trampoline while I completed all the toddler training I could manage before their birthdays.


I managed to teach both Colton and Cody how to walk as well as potty train them before I ran out of time.


We didn't have time to blow out candles with two cakes, so I held a quiet little birthday celebration in the nursery. Colton aged with the trait: Neat. Yay! This is my favorite trait for a child! Cody aged up with the trait: Party Animal. I fed them a meal of leftover carbonara before sending them off to bed. With the three boys sleeping in all the available beds Miska slept outside in the doghouse. But she didn't seem to mind.

Colton in blue and Cody in green.                    


Outdoors Dixie Dust had a birthday too. She is no longer a foal. I think she looks like a mixture of both her parents.

Day 121

After breakfast I sent the boys off to school. It was Colton and Cody's first day, but they had a big brother to show them the ropes.




I tended to the horses, garden and dog before driving into town.




I went straight to the Comet & Cupid Salon. I needed a makeover. I immediately met the stylist. His name is Liam Maple. I couldn't afford to pay for a professional makeover. And after seeing the makeover Liam gave the gal before me, I felt no deprivation about doing the makeover myself.



Do these jeans make my butt look big?
Now I am one hot momma!

I decided to try out my new look at Cowboy Bob's Karaoke Bar. Driving there I had time to reflect on my previous "relationships". Let's face it, before Drew you couldn't call what I experienced with any of my baby daddies a relationship. It was more like "Wam bam thank you for your contribution, sir. And then I would walk away without a backwards glance. I didn't even take the time to say, "Hey, let's just be friends." I can't have a committed relationship, but there isn't any reason why I have to subject myself to impersonal encounters before walking away. I have resolved that I am going to have fun. And if I enjoy the gentleman's company then I will continue spending time with him. From now on, I am just going to go with the flow and see what happens.


As soon as I walked through the door, I met Jason Korsair. Jason is single, athletic, flirty and ambitious. And he is hot, hot, hot!



We were getting along very well, but I have three little boys at home waiting for me so that we can celebrate Dakota's birthday. *sigh*



So I hugged Jason good-bye and reluctantly headed for home.



Dakota aged up with the new trait: Great Kisser. Well, that is bound to come in handy now that he is a teen.


The first thing he did as a teen was to inform me that he doesn't do dishes. Of all the traits I like the least in my kids, it is the Slob trait!


On that note, I decided momma deserves a night out. I dressed up in my new posh frock and headed for the Safari Club. The first thing I discovered in the lounge, is Jason skinny dipping in the hot tub. And he wasn't feeling any shame at all LOL


He was quick to hop out and then things started heating up between us.




Oh yeah, this guy is m i n e!

Very soon we were going downstairs to where the steam room, sauna and showers are located.



Things may have gotten a little wild, because we broke the shower - Oooops!


After a sweet good-bye kiss, I went home and strutted right to bed.



Day 122

I was exhausted after my late night out and planned on sleeping in, but Miska hopped on my bed and woke me up.


She was a stinky dog and needed a bath!


Immediately after Miska's bath I got very queasy.


Jason called and we chatted while my cereal was getting soggy. As soon as I finished eating my cereal, the nausea hit full force and I lost my breakfast.




Between bouts of nausea, I did some housework, tended to the horses, gardened and tried to teach Miska how to sit.




By the time the boys arrived home from school I was exhausted and taking a nap. Dakota taught Miska how to sit and Colton and Cody played chess together. Then we had a quiet evening at home. We ate leftovers, played and painted the evening away.








Stinkin' raccoon  knocked over my garbage can.

No comments:

Post a Comment