Friday, February 24, 2012

Chapter 6

Day 26




I began my day with a quick breakfast and watering my garden. I started painting a large still-life, but paused to scold Dominic for being late to school. I didn't want to scold him - it wasn't that big of a deal, being late - but I was compelled to scold him against my wishes (thanks to the EA gods :-P)







I called and invited Hank to come over. He declined seeing how he was on duty at the moment. I decided to visit Boyd instead. Boyd was alone and we were getting to know each other when that infernal wife of his showed up. It is like that woman has radar and knows the moment I am alone with her husband. I forced myself to chat with her briefly before I left their home.







After I left the Wainwright home, I discovered a thrift store that had just opened up in Sunset Valley. I am so sick of wearing the same outfits every single day. So I stopped by to pick a few new (well new to me anyway) articles of clothing. While I was there the school counselor called to tell me Melody was on the honor roll. Way to go, Melody!






I scarcely had enough money for two birthday cakes, but I purchased them anyway. Gabby and Dom are becoming young adults today and will graduate tomorrow. Then my baby birds will fly the nest *sniff, sniff, sob* I invited their father over for their birthday and he showed up with flowers - for me! I was pleasantly surprised but then I was quite startled to discover that he thought we were on a date?!?








Gabriella aged up with the trait: Dislikes Children. I am guessing I'd better not expect any grandchildren from her! Her Lifetime Wish is The Zoologist.










Dominic ages up with the new trait of Dog Person and his Lifetime Wish is The Canine Companion. At the end of the evening I asked Gobias "to leave our date." Just before he left he said he thought it was a "great date." Bless his heart! I think he needs to move on and get out more!





Day 27


Today was a big day for Gabriella and Dominic. We went to City Hall to attend their graduation. Gabby was presented with Highest Honors and "Most Likely to Never Leave the House." Dom was presented with Honors and "Most Likely to Save the World." After their graduation I sent them to the thrift store for some more attractive clothing. Meanwhile, I took Melody home to prepare for her birthday party. While the twins were out, Dominic sold all of the fish in his inventory for $43 and got a part-time job at the grocery store. Gabriella joined the science career like her father.



Once the twins arrived home we celebrated Melody's birthday. Melody's new trait is Absent-Minded. After the birthday celebration, I took each of the twins aside and give them a hug and presented them each with a home-grown tomato. I wish I could have given them something more, but far from being disappointed in me they seemed very pleased.















I had originally planned for all of my 100 children to move in with their fathers once they reached adulthood, but now I realize that that will not necessarily be the case. Gabby and Dom barely know Gobias and his bachelor pad isn't set up for sharing. Gabby and Dom moved into a home with five roommates. They will enjoy being around others their own age not to mention living in a nicely furnished home for the first time in their life. Godspeed to my first and second born!


Day 28




Upon awakening I tended to my long-neglected house and garden. I was concerned about Melody's inability to be self-sufficient as an adult (with traits like: Coward, Absent-Minded and Insane), so I encouraged her to go visit her father and his family for the day. They seemed to be very accepting of her and she had a great time.











As soon as she left I picked up my phone and invited Hank over. Hank was very receptive to my flirtations. We had our first kiss and I discovered he is a Great Kisser!








I was feeling very optimistic about my progress with Hank, so I was incredibly stunned when he rebuffed me the moment I suggested we move into the house and get "comfortable." After he rejected me he said we had a great date and then left. I called and chatted with Boyd while questions were racing through my mind: How on Earth while I have 100 children if I can't seduce any more men? Do I have bad breath? Do I need stronger deodorant? Are my clothes and hairstyle too frumpy? Is is my reputation? What am I going to do?

Day 29



Immediately after I ate breakfast I invite Hank over. He walked straight into my house and presented me with flowers. In the bathroom no less! I was still receiving mixed signals from him. He was still flirting with me, yet rebuffing me with the next move! Gah! Is this guy even worth my time?!?







I took and deep breath and gave it a little thought. I suggested we take out date to the theater and go for a little tour. Once there I suggested a "matinee" *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* and success with Operation Seduce Hank! Afterward I asked to leave our date and he told me the date "was incredible." Yeah, well I am glad one of us thought so. Quite frankly I was tired and annoyed with how much work this took. After Hank walked off I met VJ Alvi again. He is all grown up now. I discovered he has the Inappropriate and Snob traits.

Day 30







I spent my day alternating between vomiting and painting. I was so delighted when my third pregnancy was confirmed!




After school Melody went to visit her older sister. When she arrived she discovered her father was now living there with his girlfriend Tamara. So much for my plans of Melody moving in with her father and his family. Now what will I do when she graduates from high school? I completed my 12th painting and sold it for $380. In cooking dinner for Melody and I, my Cooking Level was increased to a 3.







Just before I went to bed, I walked out to check the mailbox and discovered the "ice cream" truck just sitting out in front of my house again.

No comments:

Post a Comment