Friday, March 2, 2012

Chapter 8

Day 36

Today was a dedicated toddler day. I even ignored the doorbell when it rang. It was Susan Wrainwright; I am sure that would have been an unpleasant conversation anyway. Liam and Whitney played together betwixt me teaching them their toddler skills. My little ones are as thick as thieves. They love to do everything together!





Day 37


Another glamorous day in parenting. I again dedicated the bulk of my day working with my toddlers every moment I could, only taking a break when they were tired and napping. 



As they evening approached, it was clear that both Liam and Whitney would be aging up without all three of the necessary toddler skills. When it came time for their birthdays I was: starving, about to pee my pants, miserable and didn't have time to buy birthday cakes! I felt so dejected. I am failing in my parental duties. What did I do wrong? What could I do differently next time? At the end of my reflection, I decided to forgive myself and move on. Parenting is not about perfection; it is about doing the best job you possibly can. And I had tried my best. Liam aged up with the trait: Cat Person and Whitney with: Overemotional. For all my shortcomings, they are my first children that grew up to enjoy comfy beds in their own bedroom. I need to concentrate on the positive.


































Day 38

Today was the day Liam and Whitney started school.


My babies looked so small riding off on that school bus!


With my twins off at school, I could concentrate on landing the next baby daddy. I invited Xander over; he said he was busy. I invited VJ out to the science lab; he said he wasn't interested. I invited Boyd over; he said he was too busy. I was starting to feel like the town's pariah. Clearly scrapping the bottom of the barrel, I lowered my standards - and I didn't think they were that high anyway - and gave Elvin Dailey a call.


Elvin is single and unemployed, not a surprise there. Nonetheless, I move forward with my seduction. I kept thinking to myself: for your family, for your people, for your home planet.... All too soon the kids were on their way home and I was feeling stir-crazy, so I suggested that Elvin and I ride over to the science center.


















While the kids were home alone and watching television, I was at the science center earning myself the Manipulator reputation. When I suggested that we tour the test chamber, Elvin raced to the front entrance. Who knew that man could run that fast? Someone was eager!


I was pleased with my success and arrived home in time to settle the twins into bed.


Day 39

I was awakened by the now familiar feeling confirming that I was pregnant for the fourth time.


I celebrated my pregnancy by purchasing a new maternity outfit. My sweet Dominic gave me a call and we had a lovely chat. It is nice to know that my children aren't going to forget their mother now that they are young adults out on their own.


For most of the day I alternated between painting and vomiting. I completed another painting valued at $343, but I cannot bear to sell it. The painting reminds me of the sorrow I felt when I was forced to leave my beloved family and Xicanopia. 


In the end it was a lovely day for me and the children. They played and read after school. I called and chatted with Xander then I fixed my favorite meal (Autumn Salad) for dinner.


































Day 40

Another glamorous morning in house cleaning, followed by a more relaxing time painting.





Liam and Whitney came home and played tag after school while I gardened.


The remainder of the day was filled with the routine. I called and chatted with Xander. I completed a painting (my 14th, this one was brilliant) and sold it  for $483. The twins did their homework before dinner. I repaired the shower again. The only new activity for me was stargazing with my telescope.


No comments:

Post a Comment