Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chapter 4

Day 15

When I first awoke today, I felt really depressed: we are sleeping three to a room, we do not own a dresser or any changes of clothes, I cannot provide beds or cribs for my children, my house does not have a single window to peer out of and we only have one dining room chair. I can't decide whether to stay in bed (throwing myself a pity party) or paint the day away to earn more simoleons. Ultimately I decided to go with neither of those options. I decided to take a day off from my worries, celebrate Melody's birthday and take all of my children to the playground. I dug into my meager funds and buy Melody a birthday cake.


At Sunset Valley playground Melody enjoyed playing on the xylophone while her siblings dug into the sandbox. I decided to pick some fruit and veggies in the playground's garden.




All too soon, Melody became very tired and cranky. I decided to take her home, put her down for a nap and paint while the twins stayed and played at the playground. 




I placed Melody in the swing to nap and went outside to paint. Melody was too tired - too everything really - and did not fall asleep. She cried and howled like a banshee in the swing. After some time I gave up on her falling asleep and I scooped her out of the swing and fed her on the floor while I nuked some hot dogs for our dinner. After drinking her bottle, Melody threw a little fit and then passed out on the floor.


The shower breaks (again!) and I found myself eating a hot dog while sitting on the toilet while the broken shower spews water at my feet.


On the bright side, I achieved Level 3 of the Handiness skill while repairing the shower. As I ended another day with most of my children sleeping on the floor I thought to myself, "It can only go up from here!"


Day 16

After the twins left for school, I alternated between potty training Melody and cleaning. There is a LOT of cleaning that needs to be done. Whoever thinks a stay-at-home mom sits on the couch and eats bonbons all day is so very wrong. Of course, even if I had bonbons and all the time in the world, I am still too poor to own a couch!





After the house was cleaned I decidedto call some prospective baby daddies. Conner and Boyd couldn't talk, but Leighton was more than happy to chat. I decided to give gardening a try for the food to eat as well as potential income. I planted my very first plant (a tomato) before I took the rest of the produce I picked at the park yesterday to sell at the grocery store for $97.


Later that evening Conner showed up with a flirtatious greet. Maybe he will be my next conquest?


The evening ended with me repairing the sink again. I would have enough time to seduce all of Sunset Valley if I could afford a repairman.


Day 17

Most days I awaken feeling very discouraged about the monumental task ahead of me and the lack of simoleons in my bank account. But then one of my children does or says something that fills my heart to overflowing. This morning it was Melody's bright, beautiful smile that lifted my spirits! 







I can't help but say a little prayer that one day no one will need to sit on a toilet in order to eat their meals!










My little tomato plant is growing! I watered it before unclogging the toilet - again!!! I realized I have enough citizen points to obtain a special course that makes me a Fast Learner. Hopefully my skills will grow more quickly now.







I spent much of my day teaching my little Melody to walk. I also took the time to phone a couple of potential baby daddies. I got Conner's voice mail, but I had a nice chat with Leighton. The twins had scouts and ballet after school. And Melody is potty trained! I purchased a cute Valentine's bear for the children to play with. Maybe this will cut down on their squabbling over their teddy bear.







Parker showed up unexpectedly. Gabriella invited him in while I was showering. Parker took the time to tell Gabby a story before he entered the nursery to meet his daughter.










After Parker was finished playing with Melody, we chatted for a bit and then I asked him to leave. When I walked him to the door, I noticed the ice cream truck sitting out in front of my house again. The windows are darkly tinted, you cannot see anyone inside. What is an ice cream truck doing out at night? And have I ever seen anyone buy ice cream from this truck?



Day 18


Today I taught Melody to talk. She now possesses all the toddlers skills needed to grow up well adjusted... if you can call any child with the insane trait "well-adjusted" that is. The twins had after-school recital & award ceremonies. While I was getting ready, the toilet clogs AND the shower breaks! I can't catch a break with the plumbing! I have repaired these items so often the my Handiness Level is now a 4.




I arrived late for Gabriella's ballet recital. The doors were already locked and I missed the recital. And the Mother of the Year award does not go to Charlotte Storey! Thankfully I was in time to attend Dominic's scouting award ceremony. He was so cute in his scouting outfit. After the ceremony it was late and we were all very hungry, so I treated my children to a meal at the diner. This placed my bank account in critical condition.





Day 19




Today was Melody's birthday. It is hard to believe my little one is growing up. After dining out last night, I did not even have the funds to purchase a birthday cake for her. But I made it as special as I can. Melody aged up with the new trait: Coward.







The school counselor called and Gabriella has made the honor roll. But the counselor also informs me that she believes Dominic is unhappy and stressed. She inquired if there might be problems at home. How do I explain that we are to poor to afford a birthday cake and Dominic's father has never bothered to come and see him even though he only lives a few houses away.





I painted for the simoleons and once it is completed, I sold it for $188. With my additional funds I purchased a second sleeping bag. I rearranged the house pulling the potty chair into the living room and placing the two sleeping bags in the nursery. I will still have to share a bed with my youngest, but no longer will we all be crammed into my bedroom.






I invited Leighton over but he couldn't make it. So I gave Conner a call. Conner arrived fairly quickly and I started making some moves. I quickly discovered that Conner has a girlfriend named Madison and he is Unflirty. This is not going to be easy! He rebuffed my advances, forcing me to apologize. I tried to get to know him before I got bored with the whole idea and asked him to leave.





Now that I have three children noshing on dinner at the same time, not only do I have one child sitting on the toilet but another one is forced to stand while eating. I painted while they ate, then cooked up some hot dogs before repairing that blasted sink again.

1 comment:

  1. reading your stories and I'm cracking up..that ice cream truck out of nowhere is creepy lol

    ReplyDelete